Aug 18, 2010

I know, I know, I'm lagging at updating this on Bonneville! Maybe its because its been like pulling teeth trying to get thourough info from the salt. Here's what has happened since yesterday:

After Monday's last run Ron felt the car was ready, so the plan for Tuesday was to go for it finally. Through the events of the day, including one run where the car got completely sideways, Ron was able to get his 175mph license which entitles him to be able to run the full 5 mile long course. Yay! So that's where we stand this morning, 200mph license here we come!?

Also over the weekend the record for our class was broken again, it was 199mph, now its been bumped to 224mph (I think). I also saw on the the SCTA website the entrys for Speed Week: 521 Entry Forms: 325 cars, 164 bikes and 49 Class Changes (472 Vehicles inspected). WOW, thats a lot of entrys!